Saxophone Forum

by saxman4140
(2 posts)
20 years ago

Indian Classical Saxophone

Hi, my name is Prasant. I am a saxophonist in the style of both South Indian Classical music and Jazz. Check out my website to learn more about this style and my music. www-scf.usc.edu/~pradhakr I am interested to hear your response to this music! I also play tenor and plenty of jazz so I would be open to discuss that as well. But I do teach lessons of Indian Classical music if you live in the Los Angeles area. Check out the site for contact info.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kumar_sam
    (1 post)

20 years ago

Re: Indian Classical Saxophone

plz tell me more about saxo as i am a new starter and aslo tell me how to make selection

Reply To Post

1. by kaykay
      (1 post)

17 years ago

Reply To Post

2. by muk-sax~jazz
    (1 post)

19 years ago

Hey Prasant, man Iove your music. I just started playing the sax in september I am right now in a advanced group, and I want to learn south indian saxophone music from you but the problem is that I'm on east coast in VA, so if you ever come to visit here or if you know some other teacher that can teach me please email me at [email protected].

Reply To Post

1. by saxman4140
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

Hi 'makpilot' , Thanks! I'm actually in India right now on a music fellowship. I just released my second album, "Duality." It should be available online soon like my other CD "Swara Sudha." I'll be back in the U.S. in March. In the meantime you can keep updated of my whereabouts at www.prasantmusic.com . (the site has changed). I do have concerts in that area pretty often. Talk to you soon.

Reply To Post

3. by redmondd
    (5 posts)

18 years ago

hi prasant. my name is mohan. i have been playing the alto and tenor saxophones for the last ten years. i took it up later in life. i am really interested in playing indian classical or film music. i live in the dallas, texas area. i would certainly like to purchase your cd's and any indian film or classical music you recommend. my e-mai is :[email protected] thsnks.

Reply To Post

1. by saxmanjim
      (6 posts)

17 years ago

Prasant, I just checked out your music on iTunes and i am mostly only a jazz player and Ive been playing for 6 years, but that is some cool stuff! I've never heard the saxophone used for this kind of music and i think its very unique and smooth. if u have any recommendations for other Indian Classical Saxophone artists or music please let me know.

Reply To Post

1. by MarkLavelle
        (300 posts)

17 years ago

Jim: Thanks for bumping this thread to the top of the heap -- I remember seeing the original post (2 years ago!) and thinking 'I really enjoy Eastern music(s), I should check that out' but I never got around to it... Prasant (if you still hang here at all): I am *definitely* going to make it to one of your VidyA (www.vidyamusic.com/ gigs in S.F. soon.

Reply To Post