Saxophone Forum

by Dark Eyes
(138 posts)
18 years ago

The Phat Pack

Hey everyone. I just picked up the new Big Phat Band CD called The Phat Pack. I was wondering if anyone else has had the opportunity to listen to it. What did you think of the album? For those who haven't heard it if you go to www.gordongoodwin.com they have a link near the lower half of the page that leads to a list of samples. Enjoy and respond. Cheers, Dark Eyes (unloved thesis)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by KactuSax
    (21 posts)

18 years ago

Re: The Phat Pack

I pre-ordered the cd and have had it almost a week. I don't know if I have listened to it enough yet to make a proper judgement, but thus far it's pretty good. I was disappointed with Hunting Wabbits 2. Cut'N'Run is great. The Phat Band is just always so clean and Gordon's writing never ceases to amaze me.

Reply To Post

1. by straightj23
      (103 posts)

18 years ago

Well, I loved HW2. It's unlike anything I expected. I like that. I also like the fact that how the band's first time playing it was the recording session. That's very cool and impressive. My favorite is probably "Get In Line." Eric's solo has made me Eric Marienthal's biggest fan. I also liked "La Almeja Pequena" a lot. Andy Martin and Wayne Bergeron are the best brass players of today! "Whodunnit" was very cool. The song "The Phat Pack" is awesome with the hard rock guitar. "Play That Funky Music" is another amazing song. "CB's Revenge" is really cool, and so is "Cut N Run," "Under The Wire," and "An American Elegy." I also like the vocal songs. Very good CD and bonus DVD. No dissapointments on my part. Gordon Goodwin should get one of the American Idol's to sing on his CD. I'd like to also see if he could get Kenny G to guest perform. He's a good sax player.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by jivepatrol
        (1 post)

18 years ago

I love the album and the band. I have built a BPB tribute site at www.bigphatbandonline.net Feel free to drop by!

Reply To Post