Saxophone Forum

by mfaith
(1 post)
18 years ago

cg conn saxophone

Hello, I recently came across a cg conn saxophone, the pat. date is dec. 8, 1914, with a number following that reads something like this: x119 954, while cleaning out my grandfathers house. He use to be a musician that played with the Cotton Club band back in the days. Can you tell me the value of it?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by cesco
    (2 posts)

18 years ago

Re: cg conn saxophone

i think it values about $1200. if it has the gold plated maybe more, or artist engraving and more. guessing from the serial number, i think it is wonder model, the valued point is a rolled tone hole which conn put it better to fit the pad on it. i hope it will be a help.

Reply To Post

2. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

I think it's 1923. Is it an alto or tenor? You can tell by the neck. Is the neck straight or have a bend in it? For a value check I usually just go out to Ebay and look for a similar yeared conn doing a completed search. They really only had one model in thouse days with different finishes.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by tubby sound
      (1 post)

18 years ago

Hi, i've been offered a 1987 Cg Conn Alto Saxophone, serial Number AM 245025. Can anyone tell me how good this might be as I am yet to take a proper loook at it. Thanks.

Reply To Post