Saxophone Forum

by Saxalope
(7 posts)
18 years ago

Solo music

Does anyone know if the piece "Going Home" in Kenny G: Easy Solos For Saxophone is the song from the movie Local Hero, or a different song by the same name? I've been looking for this music for ages. This book doesn't specify which sax the music was written for. Does it matter for solo pieces?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Solo music

Kenny G doesnt really play the saxophone, he thinks he does, but he doesnt

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by CountSpatula
      (602 posts)

18 years ago

Barisax999, you should try to go to one of his concerts and listen to him play tenor. ;)

Reply To Post AIM

1. by bigred
        (43 posts)

18 years ago

count spatula, you dont no what the hell you are talking about. the only kenny g you should be listening to is Kenny Garrett.

Reply To Post

1. by GregLauer
          (37 posts)

18 years ago

AMEN!!! but in defence to spatula to each his own right? there is a reason so many people like kenny G.... just not many people in the music scene

Reply To Post

2. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

18 years ago

Let me explain... I heard kenny g before...yeah big woop he can play notes really fast :) but my teacher told me he heard kenny g at a concert recently where he played tenor and he said he was amazed at the difference in playing. It was actually...good :D. Last summer I went with my friend to Denver and we went to a jazz festival, where I got to hear David Sanborn play live :D (Favorite haha) and I also heard kenny g...and I thought he was great...a lot better than the junk on his CDs.... Maybe all the stuff he plays on CDs are just commercial stuff....get money and popular or whatever...

Reply To Post AIM

3. by bigred
          (43 posts)

18 years ago

i can respect ur opinion count thats cool. but still. I WILL ALWAYS HATE KENNY G.

Reply To Post

4. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

18 years ago

Oh, come on. You don't need to hate him, just because he makes money on music that isn't your style.

Reply To Post

5. by Saxalope
          (7 posts)

18 years ago

While the debate on Kenny G is entertaining to read, it doesn't actually answer my questions. I think I'll go ahead and order the music and hope it works. I can pass it on to someone else if it is the wrong music or for the wrong sax.

Reply To Post

6. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

18 years ago

I'm sorry we all got side-tracked. It may be possible to transpose the music, if it's not in the key you expect--although you may need to jump octaves depending on the range in which it is written. I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the piece, so I can't tell you on which saxophone it was originally played...

Reply To Post