Saxophone Forum

by paulgarcia
(1 post)
18 years ago

real book

i have heard about CD's with all of the real books on it. i am looking to see where i might be able to download it off the internet, specifically a Bb version. and of course, im a poor musician, so im looking for a free one

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: real book

Well their illegal so unless you make some friends online you will probaby have better luck with people in person. if you want to buy a legit copy (6th edition) their only $16 + shipping. here's the link: www.amazon.com/gp/product/0634060848/sr=1-1/qid=1155154756/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-7787201-7052808?ie=UTF8&s=books I am not saying the illegal cd isnt't better because it has C and Eb and I believe all the different issues. Version 1-5, I am just saying people probaby are not going to hand it over to a stranger.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

18 years ago

Buy your music like an honest person. Do you want to download technique and explanation of the techniques. I see people here every day who are clueless and they they think that a book or CD will help them. Get a good teacher who can explain Jim Flabbersole and Al Vicecop books so that you can nail the material. That poor excuse went out with hoop skirts. It took me years to pay for my horns, plus support a heroin habit. Be honest and buy the material.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by Seano
      (132 posts)

18 years ago

Or even better, simply transcribe the tunes that you want to work on. It will be difficult and time consuming but it will all pay off, giving you a killer aural ability :-) Sean

Reply To Post

1. by martysax
        (148 posts)

18 years ago

I bought such a set of CDs off ebay almost a year ago. There were about five different real books plus others for about $18. The listing company was in England. I still can't believe there was that much music in those CDs!

Reply To Post