Saxophone Forum

by cessna12182
(2 posts)
18 years ago

SML Tenor Sax

I haven't noticed anyone really mentioning the SML Saxes here. Why is that? I just bought one of the SML D tenor saxes. I use an Otto Link NY C* with Vandoren Jazz 3's and I love the sound that it puts out though I will be tying other MPCs.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by giorgiojazz
    (1 post)

18 years ago

Re: SML Tenor Sax

For the first I pray you to excuse my English. Nobody speaks about SML because the SML are rare and therefore little persons know that they are wonderful instruments. They were produced approximately 400 for every year and until 1980/1981. You probably have a Rev. D. What year is it? I have SML Gold Medal of '62 and a SML King Marigaux of '79 (SML stencil or Gold Medal Two). I would want to know that difference is between the voice of Rev. D and that one of Gold Medal but we are far! Regards Ciao Giorgio

Reply To Post

1. by cessna12182
      (2 posts)

18 years ago

I believe mine is a 1952 Rev D. I puts out a very smooth sound with the mouthpiece that I use. It is not to rough, but sounds sweet when you really get into it. Unlike my cheap alto it sounds good when you play softly as well.

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you for the advice that English is not your native language. Where you say "little persons" you mean to say "few people." I hope that is helpful.

Reply To Post