Saxophone Forum

by saxmasterfunk
(18 posts)
18 years ago

If you are new to our community, please take a moment to introduce yourself.

well im new and im introducing myself. saxmasterfunk, "a master o da sax with the funk ta match. " (copyright 8/17/06, Me inc., all rights reserved)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Mactenor
    (102 posts)

18 years ago

Re: If you are new to our community, please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Welcome. If you keep an open mind, you will learn a lot about saxophone from the guys and gals in this forum. There are some knowledgeable pro's who unselfishly give their time and effort to anyone who needs it. Again, Welcome. Best Regards Mactenor

Reply To Post

1. by Donnie The B
      (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: If you are new to our community, please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Greetings All. I started playing tenor sax in 1962. Started taking money for playing in 1964 with a rock band - sock hops and the like. Formed a big "dance" band in 1965 called The Vibrations. We got better as we aged and had many great gigs: TV shows, country clubs and etc. I became amazed what people would pay - especially for a New Years Eve party! I last took money for playing more than 20 years ago, but still enjoy music. I urge everyone to learn to love to practice - and I'm telling myself this too! I was lucky that my folks replaced my first rental horn with a brand new Selmer Mark VI early in my career. It has served me well. Time for some new pads tho --- G leaks! Good Luck All.

Reply To Post

2. by bettger
    (3 posts)

18 years ago

Hi, I am pretty new to the Tenor Sax. This site is pretty amazing! MJB

Reply To Post

1. by bettger
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

Its why I came to this site. If you are not going to keep an open mind-- why bother? Thanks for being here!

Reply To Post

3. by photocopy_girl
    (1 post)

17 years ago

Hi there, I'm new to the community and to the sax

Hi, I have up til now been a part time clarinet player. I joined a marching show band recently and they would like me to learn to play the alto sax. I am looking forward to learning, I think the sax is a very sexy instrument. I am however quite wary of learning a new instrument and learning the marching formations and performing in public in costume. It's rather a lot to take on. Can't wait, I love a challenge.

Reply To Post

4. by saxmandad
    (8 posts)

17 years ago

I am new to the community - tenor sax player and amateur repair tech- have done one challenging rebuild on 1927 Martin Bari sax and now starting on a Conn 1928 tenor THis is a fun place to be- and appreciate the knowledge base here saxmandad

Reply To Post

1. by Donnie The B
      (282 posts)

17 years ago

Greetings Dad. Glad you found us. What's your ax? How long have you played?

Reply To Post