Saxophone Forum

by luckymartini
(3 posts)
18 years ago

stolen sax

my grandfather's alto sax was recently stolen from me. i don't know who made it, but it had a darker color, some engraving, pearl on the keys, and it had a beautiful sound. i don't know what to claim with my insurance. any ideas?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: stolen sax

It wold be helpful if you had some kind of photograph, even if it was of someone playing it at some point in the past. Also, what do you recall about the case? Some companies had quite distincitive cases.

Reply To Post

1. by Radjammin
      (255 posts)

18 years ago

Good idea Sax mom. Without a picture or namebrand and serial model not sure how much help we will be. While I got you Sax Mom, I posted the pics of your beautiful 6M on my site. My image preview on www.vintagehorn.com rotates the pics, can you think up some interesting captions for them? Thought I would ask. If you want I can can give you temp editor rights to just do them right on the site? Let me know.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by luckymartini
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

thanks for the advice. i'm trying to find a picture that i have of the two of us playing a duet when i was about 11. the case was plain and rectangular. we believe he purchased it in 1942. when i find that photo, i'll post it, and maybe i can get some more help. thanks again.

Reply To Post

3. by luckymartini
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

okay, i found the one photo that i have of my grandpa and i doing a duet. in the picture, his sax is behind the music stand, so you can only see his face and legs. that figures. but i did find out that it was a king, and he got it as a christmas present in 1939. what do you think?

Reply To Post

1. by Donnie The B
        (282 posts)

17 years ago

Lucky- Check out the various old King models for sale on this site (and other sites) and don't let the insurance company short change you. Figure it was new in 1939 and tell the claim rep the relevant model number from that year and you do the research to show him what they sell for used. Good Luck

Reply To Post