Saxophone Forum

by tycho71
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Vintage King SN 10658

Hi! I´m from Sweden and hope to find some answers I cant get over here. I´ve got a King sax with the SN 10658- I cant find any info about the name of the model and the age. It only says KING ingraved in front, and modell 2 ingraved under the SN and logo of JKG. It´s silverplated? Please can anyone help me about more information or where I can get it

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by tycho71
    (2 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Vintage Keilwerth King SN 10658

Sorry! Have been told that the sax is a Keilwerth "King". an early model 1925-30. Is this a simple model I can start learning with or should I get a "later and more modern sax"?

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

18 years ago

Personally I think the 20s hors are often a little to out of date for beginniers especially in the areas of keywork and intonation, although a good player can usually handle them. Begining players I usually suggest they get something fairly new, or if they get a vintage horn, one from at least the 40s, with more modern keywork

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

18 years ago

In that case, Please send all of your 1930's 6m/10m/12m/26m/30m Conns; Martin Handcrafts, Imperials, Committees I and II; Kings Zephyrs; and Buescher True Tones, Aristocrats; Selmer Model 26's, Radio Improved and BAs; German Hullers, as well as any and all Conn New Wonder (I & II) and Conn & King "artist" horns from the 1920's to: Saxismyaxe F.O.B. Thank you. ;o)

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

18 years ago

By the way Definition, You know me well enough to realize I'm ribbing you a bit here. Please don't take offense, I understand the point you are trying to make for the newbies: Save the potentially more challanging to play (yet rewarding) horns for the developmentally more mature and experienced players. Cheers.

Reply To Post

2. by definition
          (963 posts)

18 years ago

you got it, that exactly what Im sayin man

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM