Saxophone Forum

by mattMrozinski
(35 posts)
17 years ago

Beuscher Baritone?

I have the opportunity to buy a vintage beuscher Baritone sax. I'm not sure of the model so i'm coming here to ask. Its silver plated, with a matte finish over the horn, except for the bell there is some engraving with a polished silver engraving, much like saxquest.com/productDetails.asp?productcode=211585BuescherTenor but in silver. The Bb and B pads are on opposite sides of the horn as well. The woman at the shop said that she'd sell it at about 1200 with a new (2 years or so old) Pro Tech case. I played this horn tonight with a nameless mouthpiece and it had some serious bark, although the A-G-F-E had some problems with warbling, but i think that was either my chops or the piece, i've only really been playing bari for about a week in school, using the school horn but no chance for me to practice at home, i think i'm going to rent this one, for a year its only 115, and then buy it minus rental price. Any idea of the model? oh and of course it is a Bb, not low A. any help of course would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much Matt

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mattMrozinski
    (35 posts)

17 years ago

i apologize for the double post (NT)

Reply To Post