Saxophone Forum

by sax.freak
(2 posts)
17 years ago

Yamaha 82z VS. Cannonball A5-B

Yamaha 82z VS. Cannonball A5-B. Hello everyone I want to know everyone's opinion about which of these 2 saxophones is better in general? I'm actually buying one next week and I would like to hear some feedback from all of you. I will typically use this instrument @ church. I will appreciate everyone's responses. Thanks! If you can, please also write to me at the following e-mail: [email protected] Like I said, I will need to make this purchase for next week. Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Mike P.
    (13 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Yamaha 82z VS. Cannonball A5-B

I own a Cannonball and use it at Church regularly and in a local Jazz Combo and Sax Quartet. I absolutely love it and wouldn't consider parting with it! However, Yamaha makes outstanding horns and the 82Z is an incredible package! My recommendation is to try them both out and pick the one you are pleased with the most! Everyone is going to have different opinions about Yamaha or Cannonball. For every person who says Cannonball sucks you will find several others who would disagree. Some of the folks I have met who have condemned Cannonball horns have never played one. The highest form of ignorance is to condemn something you don't know anything about! Others offer very stinging critiques of Cannonball and perhaps have some merit to their claims but it just has not been my experience. I have owned both Yamaha and Cannonball and my next horn will be another Cannonball! Give them both a try. One thing Yamaha has on Cannonball is years of experience refining the quality of their horns and a wider base of credible artists who use them. Cannonball has and is making improvements constantly but is a fairly new company! Hope it helps!

Reply To Post

1. by landrusax
      (44 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Yamaha 82z VS. Cannonball A5-B

The yamaha 82z is a great horn and will hold its value more than a cannonball. I agree with Mike P. that you should try both horns for your purchase. Some places will send you both horns so you can make an informed choice. I will say that you can't go wrong with a yamaha though.

Reply To Post

1. by sax.freak
        (2 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Yamaha 82z Alto VS. Cannonball A5-B Alto

Just to let everyone know, I'm talking about the ALTO SAXOPHONES :)

Reply To Post

1. by Radjammin
          (255 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Yamaha 82z Alto VS. Cannonball A5-B Alto

I have a cannonball big bell and it's not going to hold it's value as well as the Yamaha. I would say as far as satisifaction both of thouse horns will make you happy. I don't think you would be unhappy with either horn. I would go with the one you like better. You will win with either. Both will be great horns and they both has similar quality.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM