Saxophone Forum

by Saxonious
(1 post)
17 years ago

Bari Sax reviews

hi all, i'm in the market for a really good baritone sax and i'm looking for all the expirience i can find! Please fill me in with your knowledge on this subject. So far i stuck with the Selmer Paris Super Action 80 Series II Model 55AF Professional Bari Sax, is this the best play you've had?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by landrusax
    (44 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Bari Sax reviews

It depends on what kind of music you are going to play on the horn. The new selmers are nice, the yamaha and yanigisawa horns are real nice also. I would try and play on all of them to see what you like best. If that isn't possible, the selmer is a great horn but so are the others you can't go wrong with any of those. I like vintage horns much more than the new ones though, they play much better than the new horns that I've played. Oh yah, the Keilwerth is also a great new baritone.

Reply To Post

2. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Bari Sax reviews

Man, if price were no object - I'd buy a Selmer Super Balanced Action or Mark VI in really nice original or restored shape. But you might be looking at $5,000-$8,000 for a really nice example. So this makes the more recent Super Action 80 look much better to me. And yes the Yamahas, Yangisawas and Keilwerths can be very good horns too. Just try as many as you can before you buy. Take your own mouthpiece with you to look! Good Luck.

Reply To Post