Saxophone Forum

by Myron Jones
(2 posts)
17 years ago

Buescher Alto Low Tone

My father passed away last month. He purchased the noted Buescher new in 1927. It is in pristine shape. It's gold plated. My brother took it to a musician in Salt Lake; he played it and said the sound was incredible but "the instrument was way out of his league to value". Anybody out there know about the 1927 Low Tone and if this puppy is rare? P.S.: This is not a solicitation to sell. My dad asked we keep it in the family. My dad grew up in Heber Utah and supposedly played the Buescher to become a state champion. Thanks to anyone willing to respond. Have a great week!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Roccosm
    (113 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Buescher Alto Low Tone

Hi I have the same Horn I beleive, the SN is 232799. I had some work donre to it and it is a fine horn, Go to www.drrick.com find the Buescher page and read everything You need to know about the Buescher You have, Your's is a series 4 I would say, the last of the "true Tone" Buescher's.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

17 years ago

The guys at Tenor Madness can give appraisals, so you have the value for insurance purposes. Click on the tab at the top of the page.

Reply To Post

2. by Myron Jones
      (2 posts)

17 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate your taking the time with the reply.

Reply To Post