Saxophone Forum

by mross
(1 post)
17 years ago

Graduate School sax teachers

Hello out there! I am currently a graduate sax performace student in California looking to transfer to a different grad school in the fall 2007. Does anybody have any advice on great classical teachers/programs? I am already looking at: New England Conservatory (Kenneth Radnofsky); University of Oregon (Idit Shner); Indiana University (Otis Murphy); Northwestern (Fred Hemke); and Univ. of Southern California (James Rotter). I would GREATLY appreciate any advice on any of these teachers and what they're like, or any suggestions as well! Thank you so much!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Conclave
    (45 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Graduate School sax teachers

check out dr. timothy mcallister at the university of arizona. www.timothymcallister.com great teacher and player.

Reply To Post

1. by landrusax
      (44 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Graduate School sax teachers

Hello, I'm a jazz performance/composition Grad student at NEC. I love it here and don't know anyone who doesn't completely love it. I have a lot of friends that study with Ken and love him. I think you can't go wrong coming out here. If you want more info, send me a message and I'll give you a couple numbers of sax players that study with Ken. Good luck, B

Reply To Post