Saxophone Forum

by Linky
(26 posts)
17 years ago

Hey, woud like to introduce myself.

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. I decided I'd join the forums since I've read some of the posts and been interested in some. I started playing Alto just over two years ago now, and I bought myself a Tenor last March. I'm currently looking to upgrade my Tenor for when I head off to University (September) though I hope to upgrade in late March as it's my Birthday and I've been saving for a good while now. I play many other instruments as well, though sax and flute are what I focus on, the others are more just for the sake of doing something musical when my lips are aching. I'm rather keen to enroll on a woodwind repair course part time whilst at university, though here in the UK they are awfully hard to find. I look forward to some heated discussions!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Hey, woud like to introduce myself.

Welcome Brit! I hope you find a horn you like. Try a bunch of them if you can. Best wishes at University. Also, it's good that young people have interest in learning repair. Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by Linky
      (26 posts)

17 years ago

Hi, Cheers. I've whittle my list down to Cannonball, P. Mauriat system 76, Yamaha 62S or two others that are British, Trevor James signature custom (bronze) or a Hanson S24K. Cannonballs are pretty sparse in the UK but there is a dealer near where I live, I've heard lots of very mixed reviews on the web but from everything I've experienced (1 alto and 1 tenor. both new) They're fantastic. Though stiff competition from the others.

Reply To Post

2. by Anthonyk
    (1 post)

17 years ago

I have an alto Bundi II that I picked up in a thrift store, needs a little touch up and I am trying to figure out the age of it. How can I find out the age for my saxophone?

Reply To Post

1. by Saxyboy
      (52 posts)

17 years ago

Anthony- There are lists of serial numbers for most manufacturers at www.drrick.com - - - but maybe not Bundy. If you read enough of these posted replies, especially in the High School Sax section, you may find some info. Somewhere I read that Ralph Morgan - who is now a respected mouthpiece maker - and who spent many years at Selmer, was a big part of the design team for the Bundy II. My memory is that this would have been a 1980's design, maybe late 1970's - but check it out. See ya.

Reply To Post