Saxophone Forum

by mgwicks
(2 posts)
17 years ago

Richmond Alto Sax A6249, Made in Italy

Hi I bought an Alto Sax with serial number A6249, says Made in Italy and appears to be old. I can't seem to track down any information about it. Can you help?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Richmond Alto Sax A6249, Made in Italy

Sounds like a stencil made for another company by an Italian sax maker doesn't it? Using the name Richmond would seem to indicate a U.S.A. marketed horn I would guess. Unfortunately, none of the sax serial number charts I have access to has any info. Richmond could also have been a name that the Italian instrument mfg. firm put on to try to sell in the U.S. - - - - Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by mgwicks
      (2 posts)

17 years ago

Many thanks! Quite a mystery so far and may never track it down. For now, I will just enjoy re-learning how to play!

Reply To Post

1. by CCout
        (1 post)

15 years ago

ok, this thread is quite old - but I found it while googeling to find more info about my saxophone - an Alto, Richmon, also MAde in Italy, vintage, and serial number B3745... I want to sell it but have no idea if it's a good brand or what!

Reply To Post

2. by JoguesC
      (1 post)

14 years ago

Concerning the Richmond alto sax, mine is from Italy as it is engraved in very small letters on the ring located at the low end of the body. Also, the design and style of the keys and guards are very close to some other rare italian saxophones. Serial number: B3724. Jogues C. - Montreal, Quebec

Reply To Post

1. by Roger King
        (1 post)

13 years ago

Would anyone know about a Richmond Alto Sax A4661. Not sure if it is Italian or not. I want to sell it but not sure what it is worth. It is in fair condition.

Reply To Post