Saxophone Forum

by trahansax
(16 posts)
17 years ago

guardala mouthpiece

what is the Best ligature for a dave ghu lt super king? i am not interested in the leather or cloth one's, they absorb too much for me.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

17 years ago

Re: guardala mouthpiece

Dave Guardala seems to reccomend the Selmer alto ligs for his tenor mpc's, but I don't have any personal experience with that set up, so I'm not a direct source.

Reply To Post

1. by Seano
      (132 posts)

17 years ago

When I used to play a tenor Guardala crescent I used a small alto Francois Louis ligature which worked quite well, I only switched to Otto Link 'cause i found the Guardalas way too bright

Reply To Post

1. by mvspur
        (9 posts)

17 years ago

I currently play on a silver plated DG Crescent and am using the lig that came with it until I can get it switched out. The Selmer lig (I believe it's the 404 model) is a very popular one and yes, Dave did endorse that lig on his pieces. I am a fan of the Olegature. Before I got the DG piece, I played on a Link STM with an Olegature. Sold the lig last week and just bought another one right here on this site. To me, that's the best lig that piece ever saw. Having said that, I like the Crescent better and look forward to trying a new lig on it. Probably the Selmer, truth be told. Wish I could find a Winslow though.

Reply To Post