im working on debussy'r rhapso

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mjohnnie
    (66 posts)

17 years ago

Re: debussy's rhapsody

Try fingering Gb 1 3 lh 1 right hand. Then all you have to do is add the side C for the Ab. It won't work on all horns, however.

Reply To Post

2. by Azsax
    (47 posts)

17 years ago

if you're using front F#, try 123 in the left hand and side bb, side c and the f key in the right. check the collection claude delangle edition, too. i think it's a better version.

Reply To Post

1. by barisax999
      (400 posts)

17 years ago

thanks for the fingerings, ill defenitely be working with them. where did you get the delangle version? i have the recording and it is the best i have ever heard, but i havent been able to find sheet music for it

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Azsax
        (47 posts)

17 years ago

i usually have to buy stuff like that from di-arezzo.com. it's in france, so the shippings a bit high, but they have alot of saxophone music you cannot get around here. the total cost you pay is a little under what a usa dealer charges for the stuff in the long run so it's worth it. just go there and search "delangle'. you end up finding about pieces you never kew existed.

Reply To Post

1. by OANegrin
          (26 posts)

17 years ago

I've performed this a few times now, and have found that the most accurate for me has been to finger this way: high g-flat: LH=spatula,2 RH=side b-flat high a-flat: pick up middle finger of left hand. If you're voicing well enough, then this one is the smoothest of the few different fingerings I've tried. Angel

Reply To Post