Hello Forum! I was very fortun

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1926 Conn Silver Tenor Saxophone

There are many discussions in here about the merits and value of older horns - much of it about the Conn brand. I think your horn is a New Wonder model, and value is quite dependent on condition. If you like it and sound good on it, I would guess you would spend more to replace it than what it's worth - perhaps $1000 to $2000. But go to eBay and check completed listings or see sites like this one that sell vintage horns for value ideas. Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by vwozniak
      (3 posts)

17 years ago

Thanks Donnie... The condition is pretty good, and it does sound good. A little work is required to replace some missing pads for spacing of the keys, but other than that, key-hole pads are in good shape (I don't believe they are the original pads).

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

17 years ago

The serial number will also tell you its age. Go to www.drrick.com/conn.html

Reply To Post

1. by vwozniak
      (3 posts)

17 years ago

Thanks Sax Mom... I forgot to write down my serial number from my sax last time I was over at the drummer's for a rehearsal... we're playing our first ever gig on April 29 (I play bass.. we're kinda a jazz/fusion thing) in a Vancouver (BC, Canada) club called Richards on Richards. We're busy gettin' down our 45 minutes of 'fame' I guess.. If 5 people walk away knowing who we are... mission accomplished! :-).. oh.. so that's why I forgot to write down my serial number... too busy...

Reply To Post