Hey everyone, I was just abou

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by CountSpatula
    (602 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Lig on Meyer?!

Great ligs I guess, whether or not it's worth the what $50 is questionable...I have an FL, Optimum, Oleg., and Two Screw that came with my RPC...Same sound out of all 4, but the optimum and two screw are easier to adjust for tuning...

Reply To Post AIM

1. by eman19
      (131 posts)

17 years ago

I use the Oleg on my Meyer 5m on Alto, and it has a great tone, I like the adjustability and it looks nice. This site is blowing them out for 35 dollars too, which is an insane deal. My prof bought 5 because of that, and he gigs with some of the best in the business.

Reply To Post

2. by The Insomniac Saxman
    (141 posts)

17 years ago

The Olegature has a very clean and focused sound, however it will compress the harmonic spectrum of your sound (less lows and highs). The Francois Louis is also a good ligature, with a broader spectrum of sound than the Olegature, built on a 2-rail contact system similar to a Bonade. Both are good ligatures . . . it all depends on what kind of sonic response you want. Others you may want to consider are Brancher, Vandoren Optimum, BG, and Winslow (if you can find one). Best of luck!

Reply To Post

3. by Peepin728
    (17 posts)

17 years ago

Did you ever think of trying the Charles Bay ligature? I play on it and I like it wayyy more than my Ultimate I used to play on. You should check it out. If not, there's a choice when you buy the Ultimate. Click on rubber alto. That should work.=)

Reply To Post