wow, saw Mr. David "Fathead" N

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by CountSpatula
    (602 posts)

17 years ago

Re: fathead

Fatheads amazing, I love his alto sound!

Reply To Post AIM

1. by kneejerk52
      (397 posts)

17 years ago

what i the most fun listening to was his flute songs and of course his tenor has a tone like no other he said he uses a 3-1/2 rico royal and meyer hard rubber if you weren't smiling while this guy played you had to be dead.

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
        (602 posts)

17 years ago

On his tenor? I know he plays a Meyer on alto didn't know about tenor. I really liked his tone on alto. Yeah he had a lot of interesting ideas when he played flute. Man i could do nothing but smile and shake my head at how great he was.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by kneejerk52
          (397 posts)

17 years ago

what also was great was the place he played, Deerhead Inn in Delaware Water Gap, if you ever get near make sure to stop in great jazz every week and an incredible chef, check out their websited for the schedule. can you imagine seeing fathead play 10 feet in front of you and the place was not even full, 20 bucks at the door!

Reply To Post

2. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

17 years ago

That sounds sweet :) The time I saw him was at a Jazz Festival at TSU here in Texas (we got in free for playing there) I think it was about $15 per ticket but the place was almost filled. He played with the TSU band. Sadly I was probably about 3/4ths back in the auditorium :( I thought it was cool when the director was telling a story, he said they were going to play a song featuring Fathead that he happen to have played on his last CD but the director told him at the rehearsal that it was in a different key than what he played. Fathead said "Just point to me when you want me to solo" and he blew right through it :)

Reply To Post AIM