I am a bari sax player in high

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Jazz Mouthpiece

This is gonna sound like an insult if you haven't tried these mouthpieces before, but check out a Rico Royal. These can be excellent, loud and easy to play pieces for like $30.Also, I don't know if you considered it, but veer away from the modern Otto Links. The control on the bari ones suck, so far as I've seen.

Reply To Post

1. by JET
      (4 posts)

17 years ago

All right, I'll keep your suggestions in mind; thank you. I'm not completely cheap, and I think I might have implied that accidently in my first post. I'd be fine with something priced at about $100, possibly up to $200 if the mouthpiece is really good. However, I'm definitely not complaining about a $30 pricetag.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

17 years ago

I highly recommend the Runyon Quantum as a reasonably priced Bari mouthpiece (around $80.00 for the Delrin model) that is very well suited to Jazz. Make sure that you try a few out, because you may find that a slightly larger tip opening than you currently use is in order for this model. I use one on my The Martin Committee and King Super 20 Baritones to great effect.

Reply To Post