This section of the forum is g

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

17 years ago

Re: The Jazz Saxophone Forum

So then, ahh... whats better, a Bundy 2 or a YAS-23 and what size reeds should i use with my Dukoff mouthpiece or should i just get a new mouthpiece cause my band director says a Dukoff is not a good match for a Conn (Mexico 1998!!! Awesome, dude!!!), which is what i play so should i get a Otto Link or a Meyer. I havent tried either one, but my band director says theyre good so should I get both and which one should i use in concert band and which for jazz band and what size Rico reeds should i use on them and are the Flying Goose reeds on Ebay any good?

Reply To Post

1. by Dark Eyes
      (138 posts)

17 years ago

I have heard that the flying goose reeds are actually pretty decent. All the grace of...well a flying goose :-)

Reply To Post

2. by Donnie The B
      (282 posts)

17 years ago

LOL! Now that post is truly funny newreed. I don't think Swingstreet recognizes that you are trying to poke a bit of fun at our younger visitors. But I do agree with Swing about all these equipment questions all over the place in here. If you're fairly new to the sax and reading this - please realize that practice and technique is far more important than specific equipment now. You could grab a pristine Selmer SBA and still squeek up the joint - right? Spend money on a private teacher instead of $400 mouthpieces. And Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by swingstreet
        (315 posts)

17 years ago

Perhaps I did miss the point that the jokes are about young posters who ask the same old questions over and over, so sorry if I seemed annoyed at anyone. It's just that I get tired of wading through all the crap about equipment and technical issues when there are forums dedicated to them, and one of the reasons we love the saxophone is not because of the reeds, mouthpieces, brands, etc., but because we are all so influenced by great saxophone players enough so that we try and play the instrument ourselves. In the end, it's always about the music. At least I always thought it was.

Reply To Post

1. by knorter
          (205 posts)

17 years ago

Swing, I knew that we'd agree on something eventually:) I got so sick of everyone talking about mouthpieces and reeds I stopped posting. The only time anyone asks a question about jazz is to see who your favorite player is. While that is an important topic I just can't believe that no one asks any theory questions besides what's in a blues scale. It makes me worry for the future of this music. K

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by Tranesyadaddy
        (279 posts)

17 years ago

Has anyone tried Belgian Leffe beer. yummo! you have to have it with the proper glass though. bottoms up.

Reply To Post

1. by swingstreet
          (315 posts)

17 years ago

Jerks!

Reply To Post

3. by eccjazz
        (3 posts)

17 years ago

i like jazz a lot. in fact, me and friend want to open a studio where we teach combos and private lessons. hopefully if the kids like it enough we could teach enough kids to have a big band. and then of course we'd have late night jam sessions. :P

Reply To Post AIM