I have been playing sax for qu

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by MVDMSax
    (9 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Cranes Saxes?

Oh also, The One im using at school isnt bad. Its a Yamaha YSS675, but I Just want to own one myself. So i was wondering if Cranes was any good and if not what is for under $1000

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Cranes Saxes?

I've never heard of Crane Saxes. (probably junk) The Yamaha YSS675, that belongs to your school and you are useing, probably has spoiled you for those horns selling for under $1000. Sopranos aren't that important for a high school player to own anyway. If you already have your own Alto and Tenor, if you have first rate horns, wait till you can afford a really nice first line soprano. I play professionally, play my alto and tenor all the time but never get a call to play soprano. I have a YSS675 here at my house. A friend wants to sell it at a very reduced price. I've been trying it out. It's a really great horn and I need to buy something expensive this year for tax purposes. It just doesn't make sense to me to spend money on something I'll use just for fun, when playing my tenor or alto are enough fun. If money is no object I suggest buying your own YSS675 or one of the other excellent brands sold here on this site. Don' t buy junk ever if it's your Dad's money we are talking about......Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM