(21 posts)

16 years ago

Re: dukoff vs. saxworks

Reply To Post

1. by sultanofsax
      (31 posts)

16 years ago

las time i checked, sanborn plays a dukoff, wo what is the deal with this saxworks, is he endorsed by them or something?

Reply To Post

1. by altosop
        (4 posts)

16 years ago

The Saxworks is a CNC copy of Sanborn's favorite D8 Dukoff. It is somewhat different than a standard production Dukoff: a good facing, the chamber has no lump or wart at the end and the tip rail is nicely recessed from the baffle.

Reply To Post

1. by sultanofsax
          (31 posts)

16 years ago

On Sanborns website it lists that he still plays a Dukoff, and in every pic i have seen thats what he has got, does he maybe just use it for studio work?

Reply To Post

2. by sax_maniac
          (984 posts)

16 years ago

Sanborn endorsed these pieces when they were produced, though it is my understanding (and most everybody else's I've talked to) that he does not play one currently. Saxworks pieces play with a lot of stability and are not quite as piercing/cutting as the familiar/typical Dukoff sound that people associate with Sanborn. His sound is also heavily processed. His skill is for real!

Reply To Post

3. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

16 years ago

Don't know about how much Sanborn's sound has been processed...wish I could meet him to find out how much his sound is processed. Candy Dulfer uses a Saxworks, check her out.

Reply To Post AIM