Hi there..Just new to the site

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by srieche
    (6 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Just an Introduction..

Hi Maggie... I've never played any type of musical instrument before, but, now I know why my 2 brothers are like they are with their guitars! LOL... I love the sound of a saxophone and I'm looking to get a starter one to play. I was looking at a Yamaha as105 and someone told me that I should try a Yamaha YAS-23. I looked at a photo of one and I don't think that I've seen anything so beautiful in my life other than my kids. I got a lump in my throat, I wanted it so bad. Is that common? LOL...

Reply To Post

1. by srieche
      (6 posts)

16 years ago

I posted the taking the leap post. Do you think that you could give me a few hints?

Reply To Post

1. by reyncloud
        (4 posts)

16 years ago

lol..I hear what you're saying! I also would recommend the YAS 23 - either new or used. I have a Yamaha myself, and I recommend them highly. I've also recommended them for my students in the past. But stay away from Bundys!!!=) Good luck!

Reply To Post

1. by srieche
          (6 posts)

16 years ago

Thank you for the info, reyncloud. I can't wait to get started! You're not the only one that told me to stay away from the Bundys. I found an instructor that lives 10 minutes from my house. How's that for luck or destiny? LOL

Reply To Post

2. by reyncloud
          (4 posts)

16 years ago

That's both!! Luck and destiny - that should be a sign to you!

Reply To Post

3. by srieche
          (6 posts)

16 years ago

That's the way that I took it. Hah, get this.... I am a network engineer. I work for a very large space agency as a contractor and I had to go help this guy,,,,, I went into his office and first thing that I saw was a picture of 3 saxophones! I asked him,,, whose are those? They were his! He has 20 of them(or so he said). LOL... We were chatting about music and he invited me to come listen to them tonight at a Jazz fest. I'm so excited. Thanks for talking to me. Steve contact me from time to time and we can share some good music stories.

Reply To Post

4. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

16 years ago

'ello..apparently my last introduction failed to post..not the most computer literate fellow in the room..but..I'm new and pleased to be here..I've been playing sax and flute for some 35 years now,,you'd think I would have caught on by now..anyway, I operate an instrument repair shop ni Boise, Id, (www.truenoterepair.com) and LOVE the sax and music..so howdy, glad to meet 'cha

Reply To Post

5. by reyncloud
          (4 posts)

16 years ago

That's awesome! Glad to meetcha too!

Reply To Post

6. by Saxman123
          (5 posts)

16 years ago

Just joined my 1st Blues Band after playing sax on and off since 1960!! This has got me enthused looking at all the great Sax web sites!! Playing on Selmer 80 II, Buffet Clar R-13 Bb and Eb Yamaha Soprano YSS 475 and BC Alto made 1962. No great old horns I'm afraid , other than maybe Alto, just working instruments but they all play well. Using Berg Larsen 100/2 on Tenor. Ordered an RPC 125 last week so should see it in a couple of mths. This is first post and hope to read lots of great posts

Reply To Post