I am anew member who is inters

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by thelittlemarchingone
    (50 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Plastic Saxophones

As far as I know the only plastic sax ever made was an alto model made my Grafton in the 60's... I dont' think any are still being made today. Plus, if you really want to find a Grafton, they're a collectable now so they're going for plenty of cash....

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

16 years ago

A new polymer sax is in the works, and it's production was announced some time back on our website: forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?t=57839&highlight=plastic Cheers.

Reply To Post

1. by Stiles B
        (101 posts)

16 years ago

And now the most important question: How much for the A1? 2nd most important: When are the other voices coming out?

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

16 years ago

I just checked out that website. Interesting concept. I'd like to see one. The sound clips were not very impressive, but I think that with the right set-up, the horn COULD have a nice dark, mellow sound.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by cuber
          (653 posts)

16 years ago

according to steven howard on shwoodwind.co.uk, all the problems with the graftons were fixed when we made better plastic, im kinda surprised no western asia company has come out with a bunch of them. still a problem changing pads, unless you made the keys out of metal

Reply To Post

3. by sslavoix
          (32 posts)

16 years ago

search xaphoon that is what it will come up as a portable hand held sax with a big sound i want one they are cool

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ