I am having neck problems and

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Bari Sax Stand

Have you looked at www.wwbw.com or www.giardinelli.com? They both carry many types of saxophone stands. Have you tried using a harness rather than a regular neck strap? They work much better for baritones and larger horns. I was in a car accident about 10 years ago and I still have some neck problems from that. Standing and playing saxophone for any length of time seems to make it worse, especially now that I'm getting older. Get a couple tennis balls, Lay down on the floor, and place them under your neck, where you are having the most pain. Roll your head from side to side and let the tennis balls massage your neck. This is what my physical therapist recommended and it really helps. Good luck, Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by basiliko
    (21 posts)

16 years ago

I played with someone in highschool who had a bari stand with wheels & she played it on a stand.. do some internet searching , I'm sure you can find one!

Reply To Post

1. by saxjunkie89
      (393 posts)

16 years ago

Konig and Meyer bari stands do this very well. I have both a newer low A bari and a Conn Naked Lady low Bb bari, and this works really well with both.

Reply To Post