Hey! I play tenor sax. For the

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Jazz Mouthpiece

I've not had any experience with the Jody mpc's..I'm sure they're of the highest quality. I have two friends, both accomplished players who use the Super King pieces..I've had the pleasure of trying both pieces and think they're awsome..still going to stick with my otto link 7*, tho...

Reply To Post

2. by saxandbassplayer
    (42 posts)

16 years ago

One thing I've seen with the DV's, is that the standard model has virtually no resistance. While some people like that aspect of mouthpieces, I do like a little bit of resistance. I myself enjoy the DV NY's, which really feels to me like a link, but better. The super kings I haven't tried myself, but I hear a lot of good things about them. However, due to the small rails on the mouthpiece, can be quite tricky to control at first. But when you overcome that, it's an incredible piece.

Reply To Post

3. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

16 years ago

kessler and sons makes a great mpc modeled after what you are looking for i have on with the #7 chamber and a .100 opening on my horn like yours, dave will let you try it and if you don't like it you can send it back. he will also pay the shipping i think but you better check the website for that. these are computer copies of great old mpc's and are made of hard rubber. check it out.

Reply To Post