bite pad creation
The bite plate to use:
1) Go to Walmart
2) Get a bicycle inner tube, course sand paper and rubber cement or Crazy glue
[2A) pay & go home]
3) Cut a bite pad out of the inner tube. Give it a round inch or so diameter DEPENDING ON THE MOUTHPIECE SIZE!! Don't make it huge on a soprano mpc.
4) Scratch up the mouthpiece bite area with sandpaper (to allow glue to stick). If this makes you nervous, stop now.
5) Using rubber cement, contact cement, Crazy Glue, etc (not Elmer's), glue the rubber pad onto the mouthpiece, centered around your tooth contact area.
Careful - with Crazy Glue or contact cement, it has to be right at the first touch; no adjustments. Good luck.
6) Let it dry & you're done.
Total cost -- Less than $10, right?
Another thought: When my pad fell off (after 20 years on the mouthpiece) my first thought was, "Better bass response. I wish I'd had this in college."
I left it off.