Buescher c Melody sax, any tip

I recently bought a "True Tone

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Buescher c Melody sax, any tips for C Melodys?

i bought a conn cmel by mistake and it also was like that what i did was take all keys off, remove all pads and clean cups out. polish the keys seperatly on my buffing wheel and some jewelers rouge, don't know if i spelled that correct. after i got a kitchen garbage can filled it with boiling water added 2 cups of baking soda and plunged the horn body in the water with a piece of aluminum foil shinny side touching the horn. it wlll smell like tarn-x working , stinks, but it will remove the tarnish and now you will only have to hand rub to a shine. replace springs needed and put new pads. this will be a short 15 or 20 hours of work. ha ha hope you don't have anything bent or frozen and if you need springs good luck if you dont have the tool to pop them out. when you finally get to play it they are ok sound but i wish i could sell mine can't have tried nobody will even bid and it's in almost mint cond. now. and so is the case. good luck

Reply To Post

1. by basssaxman88
      (68 posts)

16 years ago

2 cups of Baking soda and boiling water works? Really? Thank you, i'm kind of new @ cleaning saxophones. So just wrap the horn with aluminum foil (shiny side inwards) and let is sit for how long? (until the water cools or the horn starts looking like slver again?) and for ur C Melody, what did u set the price at? Just curious

Reply To Post

1. by kneejerk52
        (397 posts)

16 years ago

i got the idea from the internet, it was a school science project on how to remove tarnish, try a search on the subject and you will probably find it also. it doesn't take long, the horn will have white residue on it you will need to buff off but it still will be a ton easier than getting the tarnish off. i would take 350 for the c mel i have and be happy to cover just my cost of the horn and the parts i put into it. as you see it's not easy restoring these things, i will not do it again. i have done two now both play ok but i like my new horn much better.

Reply To Post

1. by basssaxman88
          (68 posts)

16 years ago

kool just buff it after that and should look new or close to it. right now i'm in college and doing fine. i've been playing alto tenor bari and bass for the past 6 months, all of which are good instruments. how does the C Melody sound like? an alto or tenor or something different? i'm in the mummers also and i'm trying to get this wretched horn to play by the end of the year. i've started cleaning it this past week. and thank you for your advice, it's a great deal of help sir / madam

Reply To Post

2. by basssaxman88
          (68 posts)

16 years ago

if i don't finish the sax in time, i'll be looking to buy a C Melody this fall.

Reply To Post

3. by kneejerk52
          (397 posts)

16 years ago

cleaning it is olny a Small part of the problem acutually getting it to play, now it gets interesting, esp. if you never put pads on, springs, bent post and cups, etc.. and after all that, well you will have to decide for yourself what it sounds like. I kinda like mine but just don't want it i have four other horns i like and play often. let me know if you want it it's ready to go NOW. You just will need a mpc that you like, i use my meyer from my alto, it's up to you. the original mpc with the horn sucks for me but might work for you. Good luck.

Reply To Post

4. by basssaxman88
          (68 posts)

16 years ago

Thank you for the offer though. I'm trying to get this one ready by the summer. Thank you for the offer sir, but i have to decline for now. I'm currently attending college, so i'm broke. During the summer I'll be able to make money. If my sax doesn't work out, i'll be in touch.

Reply To Post

2. by janavin
        (1 post)

14 years ago

Is this still for sale?

Reply To Post

1. by kneejerk52
          (397 posts)

14 years ago

contact josh long at 610-462-7711 he has a music store, i traded him for some other merchandise, he has it now.

Reply To Post