Saxophone Forum

by frostshardz
(23 posts)
20 years ago

info on Keilwerth's SX90II

hi.. i want to know if keilwerth's sx90ll have any engravings on its bell and whether the sound is suitable for jazz. i also would welcome any other keilwerth sop sax reviews and comments. one more question. if it has no engravement, how much issit to do an engravement and is it still possible to engrave since its already laquered. if the needle scratches the bell during the engravement, wont the bottom layer of metal which is silver show?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by briantroyano
    (16 posts)

20 years ago

Re: info on Keilwerth's SX90II

i have this saxophone in black nikel and it is very very good. this is saxophone is engraved i dont know why it matters? this saxophone is considered a jazz saxophone al though it is manly the player, under the black nickel is gold.

Reply To Post

2. by golferguy675
    (600 posts)

20 years ago

Well, I'm not sure why you care so much about the damn engravings, but I do believe it is engraved. And if not, I don't believe there is anyone that engraves horns besides the manufacturer. I don't think anyone ever asks for that. You should be so wrapped up in cosmetics, but the sound and playability of the horn. Theoretically, there is no "jazz horn", It's the setup you have(reed, neck, mouthpiece, lig) and somewhat the finish if any you put on it. Some saxes are unlacquered is what I meant by "if any", they tend to be more resonant. Read up on these types of things or something. And I'm sure you can check on a dealer's website and look at it. There's thousands.

Reply To Post

1. by wvujazzman
      (48 posts)

20 years ago

Actually, you CAN have custom engraving done on a horn, but it tends to be frightfully expensive, and as golferguy pointed out, the sound and playability of a horn are FAR more important. If you're absolutely set on some fancy engraving, you could contact Tenor Madness Repair (from this website) and ask for a quote... Eric

Reply To Post

1. by frostshardz
        (23 posts)

20 years ago

lol... im not really interested in those engravings but the price of the keilwerth sx90ll is very ex. it would be funny if i does not have any engravings and i couldnt see any from the pic i saw of it. :) anywae... i found a webby on it and they have a close up pic. very detailed

Reply To Post

1. by frostshardz
          (23 posts)

20 years ago

just another question. how much do you think it will cost if i engrave my name on it?

Reply To Post

2. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

20 years ago

LOL, seriously? I dunno, ask the Tenor Madness people on hear, I don't imagine it being anywhere close to cheap. I wouldn't waste the money.

Reply To Post

2. by FISHERMAN
        (31 posts)

20 years ago

Custom engraving your horn is completely up to what you want. Go to www.dumarsengraving.com/?jde this guy is great and very reasonable in his work. It is not expensive at all unless you want something really elaborate or a custom picture. If you have your dream horn and want to make yours unique then by all means have it engraved as you wish.

Reply To Post