Saxophone Forum

by barimachine
(323 posts)
20 years ago

Oleg vs. The ultimate lig

I've been looking at both these ligs but i cant decide, mostly because no body ever has any bari olegs for me to try out, i have tried out the FLUL and i loved that lig, but who here has played both whats your review opinion, tell me your setup and style please also, as to know what sound. can you please review the sound of each professionally...not that that happens often around here... but not just o man the oleg rules dude or whatever the ideas of each thank you

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Rben20
    (35 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Oleg vs. The ultimate lig

Hey personally I think both ligs are great. If I were you I would pick the oleg because it just gives you such great projection! Ive heard the ultimate gives you a brighter sound and well for me I like dark better. Depends on your taste really. Besides the oleg I also have the vandoren optimum. WOW the oleg gives you a big sound but its only one color of sound. The optimum gives you a big round sound too but its 3 different colors of sounds to choose from. Its really 3 ligs in one! They are all simply great ligs. Just go by your taste and what you would like. Hope I helped.

Reply To Post

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

20 years ago

thank you that was a good review anyone else? YES this is the first topic ive started and the first i haven't killed I got a response im so proud

Reply To Post

2. by saxguy9345
    (21 posts)

20 years ago

Well I've played with the FL on my alto for about a year and a half now, and I must say there is such a difference when I switch between the FL and my rovner. There are more high tones present with the FL, giving the "brighter" sound, but the responce and harmonics of the FL are day (and rovner is night). AND I just ordered the Oleg for both alto and tenor, I will recieve them within a week and I will try to post my results (I need one for the tenor, so thats a keeper for awhile, but I will do a comparison on the alto).

Reply To Post AIM