Saxophone Forum

by BreckerBrothersaregods!
(23 posts)
20 years ago

Beechler mouthpieces

which beechler mouthpieces have roll-over baffles?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxybrew
    (2 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Beechler mouthpieces

As far as I know, the diamond inlay mouthpieces and the hard rubbers are all roll over baffles. The diamond inlays are awesome on alto and the hard rubbers are awesome on soprano. Good luck trying them! I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Reply To Post

2. by saxman71886
    (5 posts)

19 years ago

I play on a Beechler Diamond Inlay M5 on Alto and I love it. It has great edge when you need it and also a dark sound when you need it. I think all of the Beechlers have a roll over baffle, you can check on www.beechler.com because I'm not too sure.

Reply To Post

1. by rashorn
      (4 posts)

19 years ago

Hate to be dense, but...what is a rollover baffle? What impact does it have on tone? Thanks.

Reply To Post

1. by Improvisor327
        (1 post)

19 years ago

Re: Rollover Baffles

A rollover baffle is a short convex curve (sometimes it can be a short flat surface) beginning at the tip rail of the mouthpiece and then it drops quickly to the straight baffle producing a brighter edge to your sound without changing the charateristic sound of the mouthpiece. You can have a "fat" sound with some edge if you want. Depends on the general "sound-characteristic" of the mouthpiece that has that modification added. Some mouthpiece manufacturers incorporate it in their design as a standard feature. If it's done properly it can really enhance the texture and projection of your sound. If not, it can really mess your mouthpiece up! Someone had asked if the Beechler incorporates a rollover. The answer (if it's a Bellite) is yes. It's a very subtle rollover if you look closely. Would suggest having rollovers done by someone who really know what they're doing. It's not a casual exercise in filing and sanding. Does this help?

Reply To Post

1. by rashorn
          (4 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Rollover Baffles

Very clear- thank you.

Reply To Post