Saxophone Forum

by Spunky2sax75
(75 posts)
20 years ago

Free Sonny Rollins Sheet Music or Tabs

I found a good Sonny Rollins son that I would like to learn, but its very hard to transcribe. If anyone knows where I can find some music or tabs of Sonny Rollins, please tell. Thanx

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by golferguy675
    (600 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Free Sonny Rollins Sheet Music or Tabs

Suck it up and transcribe the damn thing. Transcribe the solo too. You can download a demo called Transcribe! that slows it down as much as you want, selects wavelengths, and shows a sprectrum of all of the notes in there. When the 30 days runs out, just set back your computer clock. Transcribing improv is the most important thing, and it's being done less and less when you can jus go find it on the internet, or buy the book.

Reply To Post

1. by Spunky2sax75
      (75 posts)

20 years ago

Where can I download that Transcribe thing? And another thing... the song i`m trying to transcribe is a solo... the whole thing is just him playing. Well, if you can tell me where to download that transcribe thing, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Reply To Post

1. by jromain
        (20 posts)

20 years ago

Hi- Go to seventhstring.com for Transcribe! The other popular program is Amazing Slow Downer, available at ronimusic.com There are limitations on the unregistered version with amazing slowdowner, in that you can only access the first two CD tracks if you're going from CD, or the first 25% of a file, which is frustrating. Not sure what the limits are on Transcribe! Either program is worth the $40 they are asking for. Now go forth and transcribe! Best regards- Jim R

Reply To Post

1. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

20 years ago

On Transcribe! there's no limitations, just 30 days, but you can just set you computer back, and it fools it.

Reply To Post

2. by Spunky2sax75
          (75 posts)

20 years ago

Thanks for the help, I downloaded Transcribe!, but I'm having trouble using it. There is no volume when I try to play the sound files, but the volume on my computer works. Anyone who can talk me through working it would be greatly appreciated.

Reply To Post

3. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

20 years ago

Well, load the sound file, and play it. There IS a volume control on the panel at the top I think, so check that. Then the percent is the speed, and you can highlight the waves you want to play, so you don't have to do it all at once. If this isn't working, try redownloading it.

Reply To Post