Saxophone Forum

by Spunky2sax75
(75 posts)
20 years ago

Phil Barone MP's

Has anyone tried any of Phil Barones mouthpieces? I have been checking them out, but I'm not sure if they are worth the price or not. If anyone has tried them, I would like to know what you thought of them. Any opinions would be nice, thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jushden
    (17 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Phil Barone MP's

ive tried a bunch of them and feel that they are good mouthpieces. however, i think that if your going to spend that much money you should hold out and get alittle more money and buy a florida link. B&N is a great mouthpiece that is supposed to be just like these but cheaper. i saw mark turner playing one and it was killer. bob ackerman makes them.

Reply To Post

1. by golferguy675
      (600 posts)

20 years ago

Yeah, I've got a hard rubber Phil Barone for my alto, and it's a good solid mouhpiece, not complaints. It's got a good tone, and is fairly flexible.

Reply To Post

1. by jazzax
        (30 posts)

20 years ago

I use his hard rubber pieces on tenor and soprano and really love them. I had quite a search for tenor mouthpieces (including Lamberson wood, Florida links, Sugal woods, rubber Links) before I settled on the Barone. Everyone's different though so just because it works great for me and my sound concept, doesn't mean it will work for you. I don't know what the metal ones are like.

Reply To Post

2. by Curt G.
      (8 posts)

20 years ago

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you've tried the Barone mouthpieces, no one else's opinion should influence your decision. If it performs the way YOU want it to, and YOU are satisfied with the sound you get from it, then it's probably worth the money.

Reply To Post