Saxophone Forum

by PIP
(29 posts)
20 years ago

Rovner Eddie Daniels ligature setup

I have bought a rovner eddie daniels ligature for my jupiter artist series tenor. I use a selmer C* mouthpiece. This ligature has so many different setups. Which one would you use for someone in high school concert, marching, jazz, and pep bands????????

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Kitch22
    (98 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Rovner Eddie Daniels ligature setup

Experiment with them all a little bit. You'll probably find one for each situation. Listen to your tone on each. You'll want to pick one for concert band that is much more reserved and has a darker, mellower tone, while you'll want one for jazz that lets you play fortissimo and maybe gives you a brighter tone.

Reply To Post

2. by Kitch22
    (98 posts)

20 years ago

Hey PIP, also, tell me what mpc/reed setup you use that new lig on and how you like it.

Reply To Post

1. by PIP
      (29 posts)

20 years ago

I'm going to use it on a Selmer C* mpc with a vandoren traditional reed

Reply To Post

1. by saxguy9345
        (21 posts)

20 years ago

I would suggest a reed change between concert and jazz bands, while a good box of rico oranges would be perfect for pep and marching. The Vandoren Traditional is a good choice for concert, but shop around for something that gives that jazzy sound for jazz band. Although I've never tried the EDII ligature, I don't think the plates would make much of a difference if you're playing on a concert reed.

Reply To Post AIM