Saxophone Forum

by PsychoticMyth
(1 post)
20 years ago

repadding a Buescher

I am looking to get my Buescher repadded, I want to get high quality pads. What would you sugjest?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan
    (559 posts)

20 years ago

Re: repadding a Buescher

whats the serial number?

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

20 years ago

Does this Buescher have snap-in resonators? If so, I get my snap-ins from www.musicmedic.com

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

20 years ago

I wouldn't recomend those - they are too fat. if it does have snap ins (which is why I asked the s/n) simply get some dejur deluxe pads, .160 thick and install the snaps onto those - takes a lot of work, but it takes no keybending.

Reply To Post

2. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

20 years ago

I wouldn't recomend those - they are too fat. if it does have snap ins (which is why I asked the s/n) simply get some dejur deluxe pads, .160 thick and install the snaps onto those - takes a lot of work, but it takes no keybending.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
          (767 posts)

20 years ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- I wouldn't recomend those - they are too fat. if it does have snap ins (which is why I asked the s/n) simply get some dejur deluxe pads, .160 thick and install the snaps onto those - takes a lot of work, but it takes no keybending. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Right, but if he allready has snap-in pads installed, he would avoid having to key bend by purchasing the snap-in pads. Buescher snap-ins have always been thicker than modern conventional pads and replacing them with thinner pads would cause problems as well. When I first purchased my 400 tenor, it was clear to see this effect where the original pads were replaced by drilling a conventional pad as a substitute.

Reply To Post

3. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

20 years ago

Call Feree's, too. They've been around forever and really know their shit. You can probably even get someone on the phone that can talk it over with you and advise accordingly. Their website is www.ferreestools.com

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
          (586 posts)

20 years ago

[Call Feree's, too. They've been around forever and really know their shit. You can probably even get someone on the phone that can talk it over with you and advise accordingly. Their website is] good call, those guys really know their shit.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM