Saxophone Forum

by SaxNoob
(19 posts)
16 years ago

dukoff or ottolink or beechler

Hi, i've been playing the alto for a long while and just switched to tenor like a year ago. I realize that it was time for me to move onto a new mouthpiece. one that would give a sweet, jazzy, dark, open tone. i don't know how else to describe it. I was considering Dukoff 7 for tenor but i don't know the difference between D7 or M7. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two. Also, which one would you guys recommend, dukoff, ottolink or beecher. thank you -Noob

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by cuber
    (653 posts)

16 years ago

Re: dukoff or ottolink or beechler

if your looking for a dark sound, otto link always has that

Reply To Post

2. by saxcompany
    (6 posts)

16 years ago

Hi, really, if you want a tone more dark, should seek the Otto Link. The difference that you question about Dukoff D7 or M7 is that the D7 has more brilliance that the M7, but the two are brilliant. I personally prefer Otto Link, # 7* to # 8 *.

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
      (547 posts)

16 years ago

you can't lose with a Link,...... ask Dexter Gordon. "course, he can't answer, being Elsewhere at the time, but he sure sounded great on one.

Reply To Post

2. by SaxNoob
      (19 posts)

16 years ago

Hi thank you! i ended up buying a metal otto link 8*, i like the tone of my sax up until high A. the high b high c sounds very empty...is there a way i can fix this? i already tried different saxophones so it's not the sax. is it reeed, ligature? do you have the same problem ?? thank you

Reply To Post AIM

1. by CountSpatula
        (602 posts)

16 years ago

Long tones, and practice. If it's that way on multiple horns it sounds like it's the player.

Reply To Post AIM