Saxophone Forum

by SaxNoob
(19 posts)
16 years ago

dukoff, ottolink or beecher???

Hi, i've been playing the alto for a long while and just switched to tenor like a year ago. I realize that it was time for me to move onto a new mouthpiece. one that would give a sweet, jazzy, dark, open tone. i don't know how else to describe it. I was considering Dukoff 7 for tenor but i don't know the difference between D7 or M7. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two. Also, which one would you guys recommend, dukoff, ottolink or beecher. thank you -Noob

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by arcec
    (9 posts)

16 years ago

Re: dukoff, ottolink or beecher???

SaxNoob, The Link, Dukoff, and Beechler are just some of the mouthpieces I have purchased. I'm sorry, but no one can answer your question. My opionion is that Dukoff and Beechler are simular pieces. The Link is in a world of it's own. Don't purchase the metal Link, unless you are ready to commit yourself. The Link does not come rubber bands to help for sore spots. Purchase as many pieces as possible and find your place!

Reply To Post

1. by arcec
      (9 posts)

16 years ago

Otto Link HR or Otto Link STM

Reply To Post

2. by krzykrn88
    (27 posts)

16 years ago

I tried a beechler 7 metal, and it was too bright and too thin, despite the fact that I tried it on a black lacquer b&s (one of darkest horns i have tried). dukoff in a b&s was bright, but also the edge, and the power. I liked it, but it may not suit for your sweet, jazzy, dark tone. I actually liked morgan 6m jazz, If you want to try. NY links did not work well on me either.

Reply To Post