Saxophone Forum

by Kitch22
(98 posts)
20 years ago

Dave Koz setup

I'm really into some of his sax music lately and was just kinda curious as to what his setup might be. Does anybody know anything about his setup? I know he plays a newer Yamaha alto, but I just don't know which one. And he also play some type of metal mpc. Thanks for the input.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan
    (559 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Dave Koz setup

Why would you want to resemble that guy in the least bit? (-Edited for readability by Saxquest administration on 9/2/2004 8:04:41 PM)

Reply To Post

2. by saxman71886
    (5 posts)

20 years ago

Hey... he plays on a yamaha yas62 silver i think and a beechler 7 custom metal

Reply To Post

3. by selmerfan
    (67 posts)

19 years ago

Kenny G's brother? Nope, gave up on that guy a long time ago.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Hey saxman and selmerfan: No one said you had to like them. Theres no need to rant like that if you dont like them. Next time, just stay out of it and let someone who is gonna be civil on it answer the post

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by selmerfan
        (67 posts)

19 years ago

Ok definition, I apologize, and I sincerely mean that. You should listen to as many people as possible to try to develop your own sound, I just happen to not prefer Koz or Kenny G, but there is no denying they are great sax players in their own right. I have no idea what Koz uses for a set-up, BTW. I sincerely hope no feelings were hurt, I just joke around with the Kenny G bit once in a while. Wish I had his paycheck.... selmerfan

Reply To Post

2. by EdTheGreat
      (11 posts)

19 years ago

Dave Koz uses A Beechler #7 metal mouthpiece with size 3 1/2 Rico Plasticover reeds

Reply To Post