Saxophone Forum

by idahobar
(9 posts)
16 years ago

Hi F for Mark VI Bari

Still looking for the Hi F (key No 1) for a Selmer Mark VI Baritone Sax. I've tried the SA80 part to see if it could be modified, but it's too different. Would a Yamaha or Yanagisawa part be close?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by cuber
    (653 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Hi F for Mark VI Bari

yamaha based their horns on the mkVI, so it might be worth a try. im surprised someone couldnt make one

Reply To Post

1. by idahobar
      (9 posts)

16 years ago

I'm in the process of making a key, and thanks to the great photos on Saxquest of the silver plated MkVI, I've got something to work from. I'll let you know how I get on.

Reply To Post

1. by idahobar
        (9 posts)

16 years ago

I got hold a SA80 Hi F key, now this is very different to the MKVI key, the rod's shorter, pad cup is smaller and key levers are different sizes. Anyway although the cup is smaller it still covers the tone hole. I don't know what solder Selmer use these days but I could not the key and levers, so I had to drill through the key rod the remove the parts I needed. I then found a rod from an old Bundy alto, cut it to size and soldered the parts on to it. I then drilled holes for the pivot screws to fit, and now I have a working key. Now I still would like to get the original key, but at least it works for now.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
          (653 posts)

16 years ago

im kinda surprised its that different. its cool that you got it too work though

Reply To Post