Saxophone Forum

by saxgrobie
(86 posts)
20 years ago

band venting

Ok, so I'm not normally one of those "downer" kind of people but I'm getting frustrated with band! I wanted to take jazz band, but could not fit it into my schedule, cuz mom wanted me to take public speaking . . . anyways, now I'm in symphonic band with about 12 other people. That's all!!! And I'm the only alto sax player and theres one guy that plays bari, which would be cool except we never play. We go through scales, then put our instruments up and do theory and watch movies about Bach and Handel and Mozart. I've been in music classes for hours a day since I was 7, there is only so many times I can learn the circle of fifths! Sorry, I am rambling on, but this school year is not what I wanted it to be . . . Oh and I have to have Chattanooga Choo Choo passed off by Tuesday for marching band and we just got it last week. Its kinda hard. I'm not near finished memorizing it. YUCK that song was cool at first but now its just annoying. Clarinets are always trying to play the sax part and there is like 20 of 'em they still can't manage to play relatively loud . . . OK, I'm done now, and I feel much better now. Feel free to vent all you want here, this can be the venting topic! Thanks for listening, Kelsey

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chiamac
    (586 posts)

20 years ago

Re: band venting

public speaking is very important, (granted you're doing speaking and not memorzing other speaches) and if band sucks give it up for a few years. If music is a big part of your life it's not going to run away. So just take a break, pick it up in college or later in life. oh and make the best of what you have, just find something to be happy about.=)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

20 years ago

move to my school i could always use more female sax playes to be hated by ...also are music is good

Reply To Post

1. by saxgrobie
        (86 posts)

20 years ago

haha, maybe I will move over there . . . We only have one bari and he's no where near hatable. LOL But I finally got a little more motivated because we finally got some cool stands music for marching band. "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" by Offspring and "I'm a Barbie Girl" for when the other football team comes out . . . it'll be sooooo funny. Yeah, and "Thriller" and "Oops I did it again" for fumbles. (OK, I loathe Britney Spears, but I'll admit, the idea is kinda funny.) So maybe I was just kind of stressed a couple days ago. Things are looking up. :) Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM