Saxophone Forum

by cuber
(653 posts)
5 years ago

traffic

anyone else notice this forum is virtually silent now that the JBTvsSTEVE saga isnt raging? i dont want to bring it up again, but it seemed like a lot more people were here when that was going on.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

5 years ago

Re: traffic

funny you should mention that..

Reply To Post

2. by Phineas
    (4 posts)

5 years ago

I am going to test the waters STEVE GOODSON! Lets see if JBT takes the bait. I know I will at least get flamed for that on. Phineas

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (784 posts)

5 years ago

Which is the better saxophone? Cannonball or a Steve Goodson model?..................Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by cuber
        (653 posts)

5 years ago

what did i do?!?

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
          (784 posts)

5 years ago

I was just kidding.........Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

5 years ago

cannonballs are really nice..I've never tried a goodson..I don't live in goodson land..however..cannonballs are pretty cool.

Reply To Post

3. by cuber
          (653 posts)

5 years ago

ive never heard of a goodson before i heard it from steve. shwoodwind had a review of one of his tenors, but ive never seen them anywhere else. I concidered trying a cannonball bari when i was looking for one, but i live in a saxophone wasteland, so we dont get many horns out here. of course, i got my bari from saxquest, so i guess i could have ordered one.

Reply To Post

4. by MarkLavelle
          (300 posts)

5 years ago

Last year when I was determined to get me a decent curved soprano I ended up with a sliver Goodson for under $1200 off eBay (billed as a lightly used floor model from a Goodson dealer). It's mostly exceeded my expectations (especially re: intonation), but it's definitely not as mechanically excellent as my Yamaha 82Z Tenor...

Reply To Post

5. by saxxsymbol
          (217 posts)

5 years ago

I think JBT is banned from here. Steve maybe too, I don't know for sure. I think JBT has been banned from SOTW for a time too. I recently updated my reviews of my Goodson saxes. My band mate returned her borrowed mark VI alto of ten years to play her silverplate Goodson alto exclusively and loves it. She sounds better and says the horn is much easier to play in all registers with much better intonation. She has been playing sax for 50 years + and owns a king alto. Our bari player plays my goodson bari and would recommend it to anyone. Best bari I have played. My saxgourmet tenor gets better and better for me. Some very well respected players and techs from SOTW have played and or bought one too and say the very same things I have been saying about these tenors. The fattest sound, easiest to play, best ergonomics, best intonation and huge dynamic range. I feel the same way about my saxgourmet alto. I also really like my JJ dv's on a;to and tenor. MY GAS is over.

Reply To Post

6. by saxismyaxe
          (574 posts)

5 years ago

I think a lot of us have been checking in on this forum daily, but the conversations (non feud variety mind you) have simply experienced a lull. It happens from time to time. And no, JPT is not banned from SOTW.

Reply To Post

7. by saxxsymbol
          (217 posts)

5 years ago

Hey Axe, The guy that got me banned for two years from SOTW. maybe you could quote the post that got me banned . Yes i know i had been warned , but so have others and I have read things since that were much worse than what I said by folks who have been warned repeatedly. Only they did not say how great Saxgourmet horns were. I told harry and I'll tell you, I was prejudiced against because I happen to love SG's horns and didn't mind saying so and I would call it like i see it. The punishment doesn't fit the crime. I also know you only banned me for two weeks and Harry did the rest, but he did it because of your ban. I really enjoy some of the threads still. Most is the same old, same old.

Reply To Post

8. by saxismyaxe
          (574 posts)

5 years ago

The staff doesn't have anything to do with someone getting banned, the individuals do it all themselves by violating the rules agreed to upon application. Without discussing your file with the whole world, you are certainly guilty of the same transgression, and thus Harri showed you the door. I see the time away hasn't done much good for your attitude either. As you say, more of the same old, same old.

Reply To Post

9. by saxxsymbol
          (217 posts)

5 years ago

The staff has everything to do with whether or not the rules are enforced fairly across the board. They are not. Favoritism is shown for special posters, no doubt about that in anybody's mind. It's funny, the moderators work for nothing, Harri gets rich. You have my permission to discuss my file with anyone you like. That was a public forum anyway. I am not ashamed of anything I said there.

Reply To Post

10. by saxxsymbol
          (217 posts)

5 years ago

I reread my initial post to you and although what I said may not please you my attitude was certainly not bad. I guess I should suck up when speaking to a person of power on another forum? ( ok, that is not the best of attitudes) If someone pokes me in the eye I usually poke them back and tell them why, while I do it. Not an endearing personality trait I know, but needed in certain situations, I think. ( think bullies)

Reply To Post

11. by kelsey
          (784 posts)

5 years ago

Cuber look what you have caused. These personal fueds have been going on for years and are still right under the surface. Of course I wasn't any help by bringing up what the better horn was, Cannonball or Goodson. Saxsymbol has had lots of trouble as has Steve G and ajt.........Kelsey
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

12. by saxxsymbol
          (217 posts)

5 years ago

I had no trouble or controversy at all until I bought , played and favorably reviewed goodson horns and took offense at personal attacks on me because of the same. I did not respond like a politician would and was punished. I had no trouble when I reviewed my Yamaha's or my Jody Jazz mouthpieces or the Keilwerth tenor I had. I don't care what Steve's personality is like or if he has pissed people off. I care that he makes great horns. I stepped in the middle of several personal feuds and was attacked and responded poorly. Funny thing that others are not held to the same standard.

Reply To Post

13. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

5 years ago

see, there ya go..poisoning the forum..gee, mr.symbol..it's really not about you..and most of us could care less...but i guess boys will be boys.

Reply To Post

14. by cuber
          (653 posts)

5 years ago

huh... didnt expect for this to come up. expected JBT or STEVE to say something. Another day in the R.O.K. sorry about bringing stuff up... inadvertently people seem to be posting more...

Reply To Post

15. by saxismyaxe
          (574 posts)

5 years ago

Fear not Ladies and Gentlemen, We don't like a breach of rules, posting decorum, or display of argumentative attitude on our forum, and wouldn't want to encourage it on anyone else's. I don't intend to say anything further on the topic, albeit as off topic as it was anyway.

Reply To Post

16. by stevo
          (17 posts)

5 years ago

Well said.

Reply To Post

17. by kelsey
          (784 posts)

5 years ago

Cuber, you the man...................Kelsey