Saxophone Forum

by yourbrassinstructor
(2 posts)
6 years ago

New (unofficial) Maynard Ferguson tribute band search for a few more players

I started a tribute band for MF. We have had several rehearsals ( in Walnut Creek, CA....east bay ) and things are starting to get tight. There is one Maynard alumni in the band and several NORTH TEXAS alumni as well. However, we need some more guys who really would like to play Maynard. If you play alto, tenor, bari, would love to have you come sit in and have some fun.....no pressure. Just check us out and I think once you do, you really might like what is going on. This is a serious band rehearsing for gigs, not a reading band. You may contact me at yourbrassinstructor@yahoo.com

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

6 years ago

Re: New (unofficial) Maynard Ferguson tribute band search for a few more players

what do you mean " not a reading band" ???

Reply To Post

1. by yourbrassinstructor
      (2 posts)

6 years ago

Re: New (unofficial) Maynard Ferguson tribute band search for a few more players

There are several bands in our area that meet mainly to play through or "read" music for the fun of it, but without adding gigs and performances. This is also called a rehearsal or sightreading band. Although playing Maynard Ferguson music is alot of fun, the goal of the band is to be playing high end venues like Yoshi's and others in a certain time frame.

Reply To Post