Saxophone Forum

by doof11
(2 posts)
15 years ago

Selmer Paris Alto Series II Model 52

Hey guys, I have been out of the music game for sometime now and am looking to sell me old alto. Just wondering if you all could help me out and give me a ball park figure of what my sax is worth. It's a Selmer Paris Alto Series II Model 52. It's in pretty solid shape...prob 8.5/10 or better. Any thoughts as to a ball park worth of this sax would be appreciated. Also, where are some of the best places to sell this??? I thought about e-bay but didn't know if there is a better place or not. Thanks for your help

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Selmer Paris Alto Series II Model 52

call the sax teachers at any of the universities in your area. Ask them if they have any students who might be interested in the horn. Contact the local musician's union in your area. Look in the yellow pages for instructors..music studios,etc. Get on ebay and check out what horns comparable to yours are going for. If you take the horn to a music store, they'll offer you half of what they think they could sell it for..or less. Hope this helps..i=I'll give ya $50.00, heh heh.

Reply To Post

1. by saxandbassplayer
      (42 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Selmer Paris Alto Series II Model 52

I agree about talking to the sax teachers at universities. Especially with a lot of the newer students, they'll be looking for more suitable horns for their needs, and a majority of all legit players I know prefer playing on Series II altos over anything else. This is the same way I got my tenor, and I've never been happier. Also, with college students, a lot of them can take out loans through the school for instruments since it directly relates to their major (assuming they're a music major). And music stores are indeed a ripoff. One time when I was thinking about selling a 70's Fender Bass, the local shop wanted to offer me $650, when I could have sold it for $1800 without too much trouble. If I had the extra money, I'd buy the horn. But... happy sellings!

Reply To Post