Saxophone Forum

by scooby
(83 posts)
15 years ago

Free Jazz Improvisation Lessons Online

Visit my website to download two free jazz improvisation lessons: Online Jazz Lessons If you enjoy these lessons and would like to continue studying improvisation with me, either in person or via correspondence, contact me through the website: www.scooby-sax.com Lessons focus on two major topics to develop improvisation abilities: 1). Study of harmony through a guided series of exercises designed to target chord tones and incorporate chromaticism. These exercises are developed using standard chord progressions (e.g. I Got Rhythm, Autumn Leaves, etc.) 2). An in-depth study of solo transcriptions. Methods for transcribing are discussed. A method of learning solos and extracting key ideas is presented. Learn how to incorporate the ideas of jazz masters into your improvisations. All levels are accepted. Beginning students focus on developing musical fundamentals. Intermediate and advanced students study repertoire with an innovative method of MIDI files designed to learn tunes, solos, and ear-training. Enjoy! -- Scooby

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!