Saxophone Forum

by bcfmom
(1 post)
15 years ago

new to the sax world

Hi I am a Mom of a thriving 13yr old boy who has been playing sax for 2 years and is nowhaving a blast with his sax am looking to puchase a sax for him ( currently renting the old bundyII) I need help... lots of help

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mariog313
    (1 post)

15 years ago

Re: new to the sax world

You can get him a good student model horn for not too much cash. I have one for sale if you're interested in a good, used student alto sax. It's a King Empire alto in excellent shape & plays well. (w/case, mouthpiece, neck strap). I'm asking $325 (incl. s&h). I recently had it in the shop for minor adjustments & proper set up. It's a good horn for a student to intermediate player. If you're interested I can e-mail a few pics. Mario {[email protected]}

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

15 years ago

Re: new to the sax world

what price range? just remember, with beginning saxes, typically you get what you pay for. as soon as you get to a certain point, there are other influences on the price, but thats not a big concern with beginning saxes Choose several saxes for him to try, and have him play them all. he chooses the one he likes the best. dont get suckered into "deals" always research before you buy a new horn.

Reply To Post