Saxophone Forum

by Saxygirl
(6 posts)
15 years ago

High School Credits O.O

I'm in grade 8 at the moment and I was wondering if you could get credits for playing good at saxophone... I'm into it but I was just planning ahead to see if playing will help me when I get into university. I was just wondering how you might get credits for playing at saxophone. Please Help!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jdcsax
    (14 posts)

15 years ago

Re: High School Credits O.O

I don't know of any high credits you can get, but you can audition for Honor Bands in your area and play in Solo competitions as well. If you make it into a State Honor band or do well at the Solo competitions, you can put it on your college application...I take it you're looking to be a Music Major of some type?

Reply To Post

2. by jdcsax
    (14 posts)

15 years ago

I don't know of any high credits you can get, but you can audition for Honor Bands in your area and play in Solo competitions as well. If you make it into a State Honor band or do well at the Solo competitions, you can put it on your college application...I take it you're looking to be a Music Major of some type?

Reply To Post

3. by soulkat9
    (11 posts)

15 years ago

Unless you play at a band the community college in your area--you can get college credit that way.

Reply To Post

1. by Saxygirl
      (6 posts)

15 years ago

Well I'm just looking toward getting extra credits for high school but i'm not looking for majoring in Saxophone... I was wondering how credits could be earned?

Reply To Post

4. by SuperSax875
    (55 posts)

15 years ago

How many credits you can get changes from high school to high school, but playing in the school marching, concert, or jazz band will get you a few credits at most high schools. ~Brad

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

15 years ago

you wont get extra credits at one of those high schools that dont give a damn about music/fine arts/education. like mine. (sorry, had to complain)

Reply To Post