Saxophone Forum

by cad1949
(4 posts)
15 years ago

NEW HERE

Just to say hi and hope to get some info on a sax i picked up at an estate sale. From missouri here. Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by cad1949
    (4 posts)

15 years ago

Re: SAX INFO-WHO MADE THIS?

I FOUND A SAX IN THE CASE IN A CLOSET OF A HOUSE I BOUGHT. ALL PARTS ARE HERE AND LOOKS TO BE THE ORIGINAL CASE. THE BELL IS ETCHED "THE HARWOOD PROFESSIONAL". THE PATENT DATE ON THE UNIT IS 12/8/1914. THE ONLY OTHER NUMBERS ARE P-27221-L. IT HAS A SILVER FINISH. NOT DENTS OR OBVIOUS DAMAGE. CAN ANY ONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ? THANKS. CHRIS

Reply To Post

1. by stlbear
      (2 posts)

15 years ago

Re: SAX INFO-WHO MADE THIS?

Reply To Post

2. by Scottb.
    (1 post)

15 years ago

Re: NEW HERE

hello, my name is scott, and i from san francisco, i just got a balanced action, what a sound, anyone have one, with any tips on intonation?

Reply To Post

3. by Selmeralto
    (1 post)

15 years ago

Re: NEW HERE

Hi, I am new and just had a few questions to ask. I have an alto sax that I have had for years. I have always wanted to know a little more information about it, but have been able to find anything so far. It is a selmer, but it does not seem to match any of the engraving of any I have seen. Here are some of the markings it has. On the bell it reads Pennsylvania, under that is says Foreign Selmer London, under the thumb hold it has the number C7771. On the back of one of the keys it also has 7771 engraved. The mouth piece says selmer paris on the top and soloist E on the underside. It has mother of pearl keys and has a brass finish, but does not appear to ever have been relaquered. If anyone has any information to give me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks:)

Reply To Post